Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
We work together with the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to provide Service Family Accommodation (SFA) to our Armed Forces. We are a building maintenance company, and it’s our job to repair and maintain over 49,000 homes for Service families. We became responsible for this in 2014, when we signed our contract with DIO.
We have a contract with DIO, who provide us with the funds to carry out repairs and maintenance work on SFA. Our contract describes all the things we’re responsible for helping you with and, while we’re able to help with lots of repairs and maintenance jobs around your home, there are some things that aren’t included. Sometimes, families contact us to ask for help with things that aren’t included in the nuts and bolts of our contract, so we’re unable to provide the services right away. In these instances, we must refer the family’s request on to our colleagues at DIO for consideration. Together with DIO, we work towards a solution for the family.
What is the purpose of this role?
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of Gas Safety in area of responsibility.
- Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the establishment(s) observe the requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
- Support the effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and Additional Services.
- Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams, DIO and end users.
- Support the Help Desk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with Health and Safety, sustainability and fire procedures.
- Keep and maintain the Gas Safety Management Plan, records and update WorkManager as required.
- Provide support and where directed, manage gas projects providing technical input and producing business cases.
- Maintain training, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area.
- If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and co-operate with the hazardous area manager.
- Assess the competence of Gas Skilled Persons for appointment and review experience and performance before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary. Ensure skilled persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work. Where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
- Produce risk Assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Gas Permits to Work to a high quality.
- Attend and contribute to risk meetings. Review risk registers and follow maintenance and management processes
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise with DIO SME, Gas Suppliers, end users and other stakeholders to provide advice and support.
- Liaise closely with the Gas Safety manager, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Liaise closely with the Service Delivery Area Managers and Site Managers for continued compliance throughout the Service Delivery Area.
- Maintain a positive environment in which Skilled Persons and other team members engage and follow in the requirements of the Gas safety Case
- Co-ordinate action with Authorised Persons and Delivery Managers
- Maintain records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Submit RP certification to GSM for assessment, at required intervals.
- Arrange appropriate training for Skilled Persons.
- Instruct persons required to operate equipment which is under the control of the Responsible Person Gas
- Notify the Service Delivery Area Managers of any defects on equipment or systems
- Contribute to data gathering and forecasting associated with the Forward Additional Services Plan
- Management of all processes to ensure business continuity and risk mitigation.
- Consider and document risks associated with the tasks undertaken and propose ways of mitigating any financial or operational impacts.
Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for Amey
What will this role involve?
- Familiarity or experience in management of Gas Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working with gas distribution networks
- Experience working with gas utilisation installations both commercial and domestic
- Experience working with LPG in both domestic and commercial installations
- Training in Safe Control of Operations, SHEA Gas and Escape Locate and Repair works
- Management Experience in an operational environment
- Experience in gas compliance for utilisation and distribution
What are we looking for?
- Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including:
- Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of supervising site operations
- Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Management of resources to achieve results
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work