We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake works Winter Patrols/Cyclic Works on the Scottish Trunk Road South East Network. Fixed Term Contract from January to End of March. Based in our Burghmuir Depot. Possibility of taken on Full Time thereafter
Involved in all the Winter Maintenance/Cyclic treatment of the Scottish South East Trunk Roads, you will be first point of contact during the early hours of the morning and rush hour to keep the Trunk Roads running smoothly and efficient, for the benefit of all users.
There may be Opportunities for advancement onto Full Time employment, after the Fixed Term Contract.
What will this role involve?
- Drive/operate HGV vehicle including vehicle checks (e.g. oil and water checks) and wash down. Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Undertake Winter Maintenance Patrols and Routine Cyclic Works
- Hours between 01:00 and 11:00, 4 On/2 Off Rota basis
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Record Drivers' hours
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
- HGV Class 2 Minimum with CPC Card (Mandatory)
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Good communication skills
- Medicals – Good health and sickness record
- Basic Disclosure Scotland
- References available on request.
What makes this role unique?
You will be working as a Team to Maintain Scotland Central Belt High Speed Trunk Road Network, delivering an efficient service during the Winter months