At Amey Strategic Consulting our purpose is simple: apply digital intelligence to help infrastructure clients make better decisions, enhance value and manage risk. We are market-leading, Asset Management specialists, data-driven, and powered by an amazing collaborative team
We help organisations make evidence based decisions about the management of their assets. This often requires a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. Although you may have strengths in areas of data science, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills. This includes embedding ourselves with the client to achieve their outcomes and maintain a strong relationship even after we leave. In addition to the transformational work that we do, we are big on making our diverse workplace a conducive environment for ideas to thrive.
We are recruiting for Principal Analytics and Data Consultants who will utilise their deep technical knowledge to develop and lead our team’s advanced analytics, data management and data capture skills.
Please ask about our flexible working arrangements.
To learn more about what we can do together, please visit our website www.amey.co.uk/strategic-consulting
In a typical week, you will:
- Leading technical aspects of significant and complex projects in a chosen technical area, and developing novel solutions or approaches that address current or future client needs
- Providing a clear direction and vision for the technical delivery of projects and communicating it effectively to clients and to project teams
- Provide direction for developing an area of our team's technical capability, maintaining awareness of external developments
- Representing our company and developing relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
- Showcasing our technical capabilities to the market and looking to expand their application to new industries and clients
- Utilising a wider business understanding to drive appropriate and intelligent decision making
We want to hear from you if you:
- You have a Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- An advantage if you are already an expert in our core toolset (Python, Git, cloud services such as AWS/Azure)
- Demonstrable experience of landing significant analytics-led business change in a large organisation
- You’re an expert in big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
- In-depth knowledge of cloud services e.g. AWS, Azure, and web application development
- An advantage to possess significant domain knowledge of analytics applied to physical infrastructure
- Proven advanced skills and an extensive track record in quantitative analytics and/or data science (ideally applied to physical infrastructure)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of analytical approaches for asset management (e.g. infrastructure monitoring, inspection and maintenance; understanding and predicting asset behaviour and; whole life costing of an asset) desired
- Expert experience in developing robust scripted data analysis, including use of relational databases
- A deep understanding of a range of techniques for statistical analysis, machine learning, and/or optimisation techniques.
- Significant experience of collaborative working using version control
- Ability and interest in coaching teams to develop their skills, follow best practices and maintain quality standards in high pressure environments
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better