A great development opportunity for a part-qualified Assistant Management Accountant or Senior Finance Assistant ready to take that next step within a large, dynamic organisation that will provide financial and study leave support for CIMA / ACCA.
Amey, a leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider with nearly 20,000 employees are behind the public services used every day – from water, energy and roads to railways, schools, waste and airports.
Reporting to a Management Accountant, the Assistant Management Accountant will work in the Utilities division where we undertake large civil engineering and maintenance capital projects with clients including United Utilities, Severn Trent, Scottish Power & National Grid.
The jobholder will provide support across a broad mix of general management accounting (month end processes, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis etc) and transactional activities, whilst undertaking professional studies and exams.
Why you should consider this role?
- Financial and study leave support for professional accounting exams (CIMA or ACCA)
- Broad accounting work on high-profile multi-year contracts where you can learn so much and make a visible contribution
- You’ll work closely with and learn from experienced Management Accountants
- A large, dynamic and fast-evolving company environment and divisional growth ensures you can take advantage of great career development opportunities
- You’ll be a part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in the UK’s services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA with some relevant Management Accounting experience and a keenness to continue learning and progressing
- Analytical, data oriented and a high attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel is sought after (VLOOKUP/pivot tables etc). SAP knowledge is preferred
- Proactive, team player, customer-focused and strong communication skills
Able to work with minimal supervision and achieve tight deadlines