A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Value Adviser to work within our Social Value team reporting into the Head of Social Impact. In this newly created role you will be responsible for managing and delivering a wide range of projects that support our vision to create better places to live, work and travel.
You will provide specialist knowledge on social value activities across the business, acting as an ambassador for social value both within Amey and externally, developing and leading on initiatives to increase the quantity and quality of social value activities.
This exciting opportunity will be based out of Birmingham or Oxford office but will involve a degree of travel to other UK locations. As such the successful candidate will need to be flexible and willing to travel as required.
- You will manage and deliver the Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE) programme within Amey. You will work with stakeholders from the DofE to ensure a schedule or events is in place each year.
- You will engage with local Amey teams to increase applications to the DofE programme and manage the award application process.
- You will work closely with our Early Careers team to measure and report on uptake and impact of the DofE programme
- You will be responsible for developing a suite of activities and initiatives which our people can take part in, gathering and creating clear and accessible content which teams throughout Amey can use.
- Increase take-up and maximise the potential for positive impact of volunteering across Amey and managing the Amey match funding scheme.
- Identify opportunities and manage the applications of Social Value awards
The role will support and contribute to:
- The measurement, monitoring and reporting of social value
- Developing and sharing social value case studies, articles, press releases
- Being an ambassador for social value agenda via for example, presenting at events and workshops, being active on social media, contributing to blogs etc
Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate will have had experience of coordinating and/or managing engagement projects. A track-record of working on volunteering, charitable or education projects will be an advantage.
As a champion of the projects you work on, you will be a charismatic and enthusiastic individual, with a can-do attitude and genuine purpose to want to tackle some of the core sustainability issues facing communities.