The Amey Apprenticeship Programme
Our Amey Apprenticeship Programme provides all of the skills, experience and support required to kick start your career, or to branch out in a new direction! From the beginning of your programme you’ll have full exposure to all elements of your chosen role, giving you the best opportunity to learn from experience. Whilst working, you’ll undertake a nationally recognised qualification; providing the theoretical background to your work. At Amey we strongly support the development of our people; we therefore offer you a permanent contract from day one
We work closely in partnership with Trafford Council to deliver environmental and infrastructure services for Trafford.
Since 2015 we have delivered a range of services to the area including; commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleaning, grounds maintenance, highways services, bridges, road safety, street lighting and furniture, drainage and property services.
We also maintain and improve nearly 800 km of roads, 17,000 km footways, 150 structures, 30,000 street columns and illuminated signs and 37 parks, in addition to collecting waste from 97,000 households for the next 15 years. Innovative, new technology will be introduced across the services to deliver a more efficient approach for the Council and the residents of Trafford.
What will this role involve
As a Transport Administration Apprentice you will provide pivotal administrative support to the Transport Section based out of our Wythenshawe Depot. You will join a small but busy team, and have the opportunity to get know everyone well, whilst being exposed to a variety of tasks and roles; giving you the best start to your career. Whilst working with us we'll support you through your NVQ Level 2 in Administration.
Duties will include:
- Receive visitors and telephone calls to provide third parties with prompt and courteous service
- Request purchase orders for the Transport Section & ensure orders are processed and authorised correctly
- Support Transport Manager & Fleet & Plant co-ordinator to maintain all administration, central filing systems, archive/library systems and updates to meet business needs as well as various time sensitive projects throughout the year.
- Compile, organise and maintain folders with index system for Vehicles & Plant.
- Take responsibility for items delivered into the department. Accountable for ensuring that all items that have been signed for have been received and distributed to correct person/department.
- Liaise with various suppliers in order to maintain good working relationships.
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
You’ll also have:
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) A*C in Maths and English
- Commitment to studying towards your NVQ Level 2 in Administration
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A willingness to learn and keen to progress
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, would be beneficial.
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme. We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with. Your starting salary will be competitive to the National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage, and you may be eligible to receive performance related pay increases whilst on the programme. If all of this wasn’t enough, if eligible, you’ll have the opportunity to complete your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award. We as a business will support you every step of the way; we even have a dedicated HR Manager to guide you through and mentor your progress!
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.