We are currently looking for an professional and organised Administrator to join our Highways support team in Edinburgh. The role is based at Bilston Glen Office, EH20 9LZ but will travel once or twice a week to our Forth Road Bridge office, therefore a full Driving License is required for the post.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide wide range administrative support services.
What will this role involve?
- Works as part of a team, but can also operate on a standalone basis when required
- Maintain and updates records within various management information systems
- General ‘team’ administrative duties as and when required
- Generally assist with the delivery of services to the client
- Provide cover for reception if required
- Support and work along with the team members
- Provide information to Senior Planner to allow effective financial reporting and profiling
- Assist with the administration and checking of Sub-Contractors Site Instructions, Liability Costs, Payments and Payment Notifications
- File correspondence as required and keep the office systems in an orderly manner
- Undertake other basic duties as part of a team
- Role is mostly reactive with some degree of proactive decision making within the confines of the above responsibilities
What are we looking for?
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience/use of MS Word and MS Excel in a general administrative role
- Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications
- Friendly and professional telephone manner
- Conscientious and confident approach to duties with a polite, pleasant and helpful attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.