£45K - £55K + 10% bonus
A great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Finance Manager to undertake a challenging and highly stimulating role where you can make significant commercial impact and benefit from exceptional career development.
Amey, a leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider with nearly 20,000 employees are behind the public services you use every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste, airports, water and energy. Reporting to the Head of Finance within the Utilities division, your team of 14 (6 direct reports) provide management accounting services across a range of large UK civil engineering, construction and maintenance capital projects with clients including United Utilities, Severn Trent, Scottish Power and National Grid.
In this rewarding role you’ll be responsible for providing senior leadership with financial analysis and insight to help drive performance improvement and strategic growth, as well as ensuring your team provides the required level of governance, reporting and financial challenge across the contracts.
Why you should consider this role
- The team has been newly assembled following a major restructure and there’s a need to improve standardisation and best practise across contracts. As such there’s huge scope to build a really strong team, drive significant improvements and put your stamp on things
- A large, dynamic and fast-evolving company environment and divisional growth ensures you can take advantage of great career development opportunities
- Amey has a strong focus on training & development and a highly collaborative culture. You can also be proud to be part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with proven Finance Management experience gained in long-term contract environments (Facilities Management, Highways, Rail, Construction etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Highly analytical, personable and an inspirational leader who is passionate about mentoring and developing staff
- Track record of driving improvements and a sound awareness of what ‘great’ looks like
- Experience working in a high quality and deadline driven financial reporting environment with multiple stakeholders across a large matrix organisation
- Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements including experience of forecasting / budgeting across large, complex project environments
- Strong systems skills, particularly Excel, SAP and business forecasting tools (i.e. BPC)
The role is based out of Amey’s Bamber Bridge office (PR5 6BP) on the outskirts of Preston with convenient commuting links to the M65 & M6. Most of the time you’ll be office based but there may be occasional travel to other sites across the UK.