We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To enforce high levels of health and safety and amey procedures and policies amongst maintenance staff and contractors. And to make sure all tasks are completed to a high/cost worthy standard in the expected time frame given.
What will this role involve?
Maintenance supervisor is responsible for:
- Ensuring staff have the qualifications, training, experience and relevant licences/certification to drive mobile plant
- Ensuring staff are driving and operating a range of site vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times showing due consideration for other site users
- Ensuring staff are Present a professional image to our customers and suppliers
- Ensuring staff Maintain work clothes and vehicles in a clean and tidy condition
- Ensuring staff are completing allocated work within set time scales
- Ensuring staff are carrying out the work to which they are allocated to the required standards, including avoiding risks to the environment
- Ensuring staff and yourself are Working at all times in accordance with relevant risk assessments and safe working methods, taking into account site hazards on the day, and using the appropriate supplied safety clothing
- Ensuring staff are reporting all incidents, close calls etc. to line manager
- Ensure daily plant checks and carried out and report defects to the Manager with plant to rectify
- Ensuring staff complete any paperwork required by your manager and related to your work (e.g. time sheets, daily check records)
- Ensure staff complete the daily work allocated
- Ensure staff Report to line manager any problems with meeting work schedules in good time
- Ensuring staff and yourself report to the line manager any problems or customer complaints, accidents involving people, buildings or vehicles, and all near-miss incidents as soon as possible and at the latest within the same shift
- Ensuring staff and yourself report to the line manager and (if different) site supervisor any unsafe acts or unsafe situations seen on site
- Ensuring staff and yourself make sure the plant is in a safe condition to continue operations.
- Ensuring staff and yourself help with other duties which could be reasonably expected of you in accordance with the grading of the job
What are we looking for?
- Educated to City and Guilds or NVQ levels as appropriate
- To be trained to City and Guilds or NVQ level in Engineering
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Tidy and organised
- Manual Handling
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
- Abrasive wheels
- mechanical maintenance skill
- Attention to detail
- Able to understand operation of sophisticated equipment, read and understand operating manual
- Good people skills