Work with Amey on the UK’s most exciting rail project
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
What is the purpose of this role?
The purpose of the Risk Analyst is to provide R&VM specialist support services to the West of Leeds Alliance portfolio in accordance with the Transpennine Route Upgrade Risk & Value Plans.
What will this role involve?
- Quantitative Cost &/or Schedule Risk Analyses
- Risk Identification / review workshops/ risk reporting
- Value Management studies
- Technical briefings & mentoring of project teams in Risk & Value Management
- Carry out risk assurance activities as specified by their line manager.
- Mentor and support junior members of the R&VM team.
- Support R&VM processes in other departments and areas of the business.
- Drive the implementation of ER&VM framework across their area, including actively enhancing the R&VM maturity and culture development.
- Displays enthusiasm, passion, and confidence combined with an open communication style. Is comfortable leading presentations and risk & value workshops
- Build working relationships with Project Managers and wider project team, and with peers and colleagues in the WoLA. Willing to foster knowledge sharing, learning and development, collaboration across projects and sectors
- Identify and propose improvements to project or business issues and problems and how to implement them.
What we are looking for?
- Expert in all aspects of project and business risk management facilitation.
- Able to build risk models in a number of applications, which accurately represent the complexities of cost, schedule and business risk.
- Able to coach and challenge management and non-specialists, regarding the results of risk management.
- Membership of the Institute of Risk Management or Association for Project Management Risk Practitioner.
What makes this role unique?
The Risk & Value Analyst role will work within the West of Leeds Alliance to foster good working relationships with key influencers within the programme, ensuring that the management of risk and value within the Alliance is best in class.
At Amey, we are committed to creating better places to live, work and travel.
We make a difference every day for millions of people across the UK - and that's thanks to the passion and drive of our team. Our success is your success so we're as ambitious for our team as we are for our business.
Joining our team is the first step in growing your career with us. We encourage talent and help you identify and achieve your goals. We’ll then give you everything you need to succeed– whatever stage your career is.
This is our ‘People Promise’ – we create the right environment for your personal and professional growth and help you achieve it.
That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, and it’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices, which offers a range of flexible benefit options and additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.