Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Amey Apprentice scheme encompasses various training schemes under a common umbrella structure. By joining our Apprentice scheme, individuals will embark on a journey that provides them with excellent career development opportunities within this discipline.
What will this role involve?
- Assist / Undertake all aspects of administration and support within an active operational office.
- Operational Control Room duties
- Observe and learn SAP system.
- Learn and maintain office systems to allow high standard of service delivery. ·
- Input and maintain spreadsheets/data bases/systems to enable production of reports.
- Filing,Photocopying,Scanning etc.
- Assist with delivery of Services to the contract client.
- Customer Service Duties including Reception and dealing with general calls in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Undertake any other adhoc business support duties required to support the contract team.
- Role will include but not limited to the above.
What are we looking for?
- At least 2 GCSE's grades A*-C (or equivalent) preferably in Maths and English
- The individual should be able to maintain a good working relationship at all times.
- Willing and keen to develop and progress within the role.
- Be friendly and act in a professional manner.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a confident approach.
- Able to act with Initiative.
- Familiarity of using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Commit to working towards work-based learning qualifications such as NVQ
What makes this role unique?
The Apprentice scheme offers enhanced skills development, on-the-job continuous learning, support towards further academic qualifications, participation in the Duke of Edinburgh Business Scheme (Gold Award), and an opportunity to be part of the wider Amey Apprentice community.