To be a member of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and work towards an Apprenticeship Framework to achieve industry related qualifications. To gain practical workplace experience by learning from industry experts whilst having the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award.
- Gain the relevant qualifications for the appropriate level of apprenticeship:
Qualifications gained: S/NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills (if required)
- To complete the relevant Apprenticeship Framework (industry related qualifications) through appropriate method of study (college, training providers)
- Gain workplace practical experience through on the job learning
- Complete all elements of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Business Award or relevant personal development programme within designated time frames
- Adhere to Amey’s health and safety policies
Role Specific Responsibilities
Based in a busy office providing day to day administrative support including producing word documents and spreadsheets, inputting data, arranging travel and meetings. The role includes capturing and verifying numerical data and a keen eye for detail is therefore essential.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
Ideally to have 2 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A*- C (9 to 4) in Maths and English. Consideration will be given to applicants with lower level qualifications for Apprenticeships in some areas.
- Organisational skills and time management skills to coordinate both the practical work and study elements of the programme
- Able to work on own initiative and manage a busy workload
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Specific experience is not required but applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest in the area of work they are applying for.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
- To be a representative of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and to act appropriately at all times
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and passion for the chosen area of work
- To be responsible for individual personal development by completing appropriate qualifications
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- An awareness of Health and Safety risks
- IT skills, ideally knowledge of word, email and Excel
Role specific requirements
- Applicants for roles working adjacent to the Highway must be at least age 18 on date of commencement
- Applicants for other roles (Office based; Depot/Facilities Management) must be at least age 16 on date of commencement
- There is no upper age limit
- A driving licence or commitment to obtaining one is desirable for non-office based roles