Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
To be a member of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and work towards an Apprenticeship Framework to achieve industry related qualifications. To gain practical workplace experience by learning from industry experts whilst having the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award.
• Gain the relevant qualifications for the appropriate level of apprenticeship:
Qualifications gained: S/NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills (if required)
• To complete the relevant Apprenticeship Framework (industry related qualifications) through appropriate method of study (college, training providers)
• Gain workplace practical experience through on the job learning
• Complete all elements of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Business Award or relevant personal development programme within designated time frames
• Adhere to Amey’s health and safety policies
Role Specific Responsibilities
• The role will involve learning the skills necessary to assist in the maintenance of the drainage systems on the Sheffield Highways
• This will involve working in a team repairing pipework and installing new drainage systems/assets.
• Being trained to operate various plant and equipment to carry out drainage work.
• Intermediate Apprenticeship
Ideally to have 2 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A*- C (9 to 4) in Maths and English. Consideration will be given to applicants with lower level qualifications for Apprenticeships in some areas.
• Organisational skills and time management skills to coordinate both the practical work and study elements of the programme
• Ability to undertake a physical role as described, working outside and in all weathers
• Excellent teamworking skills
• Ability to communicate well
• Specific experience is not required but applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest in the area of work they are applying for.
• To be a representative of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and to act appropriately at all times
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and passion for the chosen area of work
• To be responsible for individual personal development by completing appropriate qualifications
• An awareness of Health and Safety risks
• A UK driving licence would be an advantage
Role specific requirements
• Applicants for roles working adjacent to the Highway must be at least age 18 on date of commencement
• Applicants for other roles (Office based; Depot/Facilities Management) must be at least age 16 on date of commencement
• There is no upper age limit
• A driving licence or commitment to obtaining one is desirable for non-office based roles