To be a member of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and work towards an Apprenticeship Framework to achieve industry related qualifications. To gain practical workplace experience by learning from industry experts whilst having the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award.
• Gain the relevant qualifications for the appropriate level of apprenticeship:
Qualifications gained: S/NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills (if required)
• To complete the relevant Apprenticeship Framework (industry related qualifications) through appropriate method of study (college, training providers)
• Gain workplace practical experience through on the job learning
• Complete all elements of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Business Award or relevant personal development programme within designated time frames
• Adhere to Amey’s health and safety policies
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Working on the highway you will be trained to maintain, repair and install the electrical asset in Sheffield. This includes Street Lighting and Illuminated signs.
• You will become a member of the Highway Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS) to be trained as a Highways Electrician.
• Intermediate Apprenticeship
Ideally to have 2 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A*- C (9 to 4) in Maths and English. Consideration will be given to applicants with lower level qualifications for Apprenticeships in some areas.
• Organisational skills and time management skills to coordinate both the practical work and study elements of the programme
• An aptitude for science based or technical subjects
• An aptitude for practical ‘hands on’ working
• Specific experience is not required but applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest in the area of work they are applying for.
• To be a representative of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and to act appropriately at all times
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and passion for the chosen area of work
• To be responsible for individual personal development by completing appropriate qualifications
• Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
• Prepared to wear the PPE provided and to work outside in all weathers when safe to do so
• Be prepared to work at height after training and assessment to do so
• An awareness of Health and Safety risks
• dexterity to work with hand tools and small and intricate parts of electrical equipment
Role specific requirements
• Applicants for roles working adjacent to the Highway must be at least age 18 on date of commencement
• Applicants for other roles (Office based; Depot/Facilities Management) must be at least age 16 on date of commencement
• There is no upper age limit
• A driving licence or commitment to obtaining one is desirable for non-office based roles