Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the ERF Manager, providing technical support to the operations team, in Plant Operation and undertaking Planned and Reactive Maintenance, ensuring the mechanical plant achieves a high state of availability, and reliability through continued improvement
Ensuring that all company and Legislative ‘Safe Systems of Work’ (SSW) are fully adhered to, including Near Misses, Incident Investigations, production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) providing support where required and implementation of any recommendations arising from such systems
What will this role involve?
- Ensure team compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in delivering the Maintenance/Operations Teams KPI's.
- Maintain record keeping for pressure vessels, hydraulic hoses, pressure relief valves and Lifting Equipment’s
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements and guidance documents
- To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of Mechanical work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate the ERF Plant ensuring safe and efficient operation
- Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) whilst undertaking those works as scheduled by this system
- Assist in identifying the failure modes for all mechanical plant
- Take part in a rotating shift pattern
Work in a rotating 4 ON 4 OFF shift pattern.
What are we looking for?
- Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship Scheme
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Qualified through experience
- Be able to absorb information on scope, collate information, and make judgment on the condition of existing equipment and installations
- Interpersonal skills/develop and maintain good working relationships with team and management
- Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook - desirable
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills, able to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- Team Building Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Motivational Skills
- High level of problem solving skills
- Punctuality and flexibility
- 5 years engineering experience associated with:
- Mechanical system design/improvement/implementation
- Knowledge of Hazardous area engineering requirements
- Multiple mechanical industry processes
- High pressure steam systems
- Various valves and pump types
- Preparation of work scope packages for installation and commissioning
- Commissioning of industrial mechanical process systems
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure the safe and secure operation of the weighbridge.