Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
An experienced professionally qualified engineer is sought to provide exceptional leadership and management of a design team whilst driving delivery on specified projects.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and project management of a programme of schemes while also focussing on proactively engaging with developers in Staffordshire to showcase the innovative Partnership and grow the business, under the direction of Account Manager.
You will be responsible for leading a team and delivering all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to a high quality. As part of the account senior management team, you will also support with the account strategy and development.
You will comply with all relevant technical standards and play an important senior role on the account in, promoting the right culture and supporting professional development and training for less experienced colleagues. Maintain and develop new collaborative relationships with all external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the team and the Infrastructure+ Partnership.
What will this role involve?
- Being a line manager and ensuring team compliance with Amey values and policies.
- Managing a challenging programme of highway works from creation of the programme, sign-off, detailed design and then supervision through the construction phase with an emphasis on client requirements and innovation
- Develop effective design solutions that are consistent with the briefs and overarching policies
- Leading on continued growth of the account, building and maintaining strong relationships with developers and other prospective clients in Staffordshire and beyond
- Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
- Liaise with clients (both internal and external) and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the wider team / account
- Checking and approving engineering designs, calculations, and oversee drawing production
- Forecasting and monitoring of financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular detailed reports and commentary to support any variations
- Support the account with executing divisional requirements and input into the account Integrated Management System
- Prepare and check tender documents and scheme cost estimates
- Prepare and check technical documents and reports and assist in the preparation of expressions of interest and tenders
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the team and support with recruitment as and when required
- Assist with project / resource planning and programming
- Proactively manage the partnership performance data for your teams
- Effective management and response of project related correspondence
- Lead on ensuring suitable contract administration is in place for all NEC contracts
What are we looking for?
- A professionally qualified engineer
- Significant post-qualification experience in Highway / Transport design and management
- Thorough knowledge & experience of relevant highways technical standards
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- A strong work ethic and a commitment for continuous improvement
- Good experience of leading the co-ordination of multi-disciplinary design teams
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Commercially minded with an ability to meet both internal and external expectations
- Ability to work within a team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
What makes this role unique?
You will play a significant role in shaping your own role, while ensuring we continue to deliver an excellent service to all clients.