Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Assisting the Engineering Team with the production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated reporting and administration.
What will this role involve?
- To assist Engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating, Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Assist with contract preparation
- Preparing and assisting with drawing production
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Dealing with project related correspondence
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineer
- Assisting the Network Team with site supervision duties when required
- Assisting in project administration
- Assisting with compliance to the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
- Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Experience of innovative designs, value engineering and end to end service delivery
- Experience of working with structures maintenance / design teams and Local Government or HA clients
- Experience of MX Good communication skills dealing with clients, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Technical competencies
- Personal Track Safety AC (PTS AC)
- IOSH Working Safely
- Environmental Awareness
- Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
What makes this role unique?
You will assist Engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating, Quality Assurance responsibilities.