Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Our Amey Group Fleet & Plant Finance team sit within our Oxford Head Office and provide vital financial support for our extensive fleet of over 8000 vehicle and plant assets which amounting to several million pounds each month. The team work across the full spectrum of Amey sectors and contracts which make for a challenging and varied environment.
What will this role involve?
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing relevant data, conducting detailed analysis to monitor and improve performance. Role will report to Finance & MI Manager.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the timely submission of complete and accurate data in prescribed format
- Validation of data and population of performance reporting systems at the required frequency
- Producing daily/weekly/monthly reports showing performance against targets
- Analysing KPI data to identify issues, trends and improvement opportunities
- Assisting in the development and production of web based reports
- Benchmarking performance data across similar contracts/industries
- KPI Reporting
- Ensuring the timely submission of complete and accurate data from business divisions and central function
- Assisting in the identification of performance improvement opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in Analytical, Mathematical or Statistics (or similar)
- Previous experience of management of systems or databases
- Highly analytical with proven data analysis and reporting skills
- A passion for working with data and finding data insights: highly experienced in data, analytics, metrics and statistics.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise and effectively work to deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly developed communication skills
- Competent in the use of MS Excel and exposure to Microsoft Access an advantage