Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day – from roads, railways and schools to refuse management, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will touch, see and benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Amey have a 5-year Operation and Maintenance contract of the Forth Bridges Unit. This includes maintenance of the existing Forth Road Bridge, the new Queensferry Crossing and associated road unit. We also have other significant contracts across Central & Southern Scotland for clients including Transport Scotland and Edinburgh City Council.
As part of our growth we are looking to appoint an experienced Management Accountant, to join our Highways Finance team based in Bargeddie, Glasgow. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join a dynamic and forward thinking Finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will ensure delivery of a reliable Management accounting service to the business to a consistently high standard. You will ensure all accounting and reporting requirements are delivered in accordance to reporting timescales, whilst supporting all of the efficiency activities. You will also support the Finance Manager in the preparation of management information for the senior management team to drive financial planning and analysis activities and successful decision making.
What are we looking for?
- Fully Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous Management Accountancy experience in a similar environment
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage
- Good knowledge of accounting practices and reporting requirements including forecasting and budgeting
- Preparation of management information including profit centre reporting and variance analysis essential
- Experience of working within an Infrastructure environment, specifically Highways, Rail, Construction would be preferred
- Experience working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of quality and detail;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and internal support functions;
- Experience working within a team environment;
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.