An exciting opportunity exists for a Commercial Assistant to join our team supporting our Highways Maintenance contracts in Northern Ireland. Amey are proud to deliver planned and reactive highways maintenance works across the UK. You will be dedicated to working specifically on contracts for Design, Build, Finance and Operations works for the M1, A1 and A4 roads. With Amey you will be joining a key business name in the highways industry. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your commercial career working on a large contract which is currently scheduled to run for another 17 years.
What will this role involve?
As Commercial Assistant you will provide key support to the Commercial Manager and undertake specific duties including the following:
- Assist in the measurement and valuation of the works
- Support the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture
- Support the management and procurement of subcontractors as required
- Ensure all data captured is fed back into the business to inform future bids
- Support in preparing data required to populate various commercial reports
- Support the Commercial Team in exercising full cost control of project
- Assist in producing monthly and/or weekly cost and value data
- Support the Commercial team in production of forecasts
- Assist in the collation of data with respect of all variations
- Ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Assist in collating commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Assist the Commercial Team in submitting in a timely manner applications for payment, Change requests and any additional contractual requirements
As well as any other additional duties including those associated with winter maintenance
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a proactive, data and administration driven individual with an appetite to grow a career within the commercial space. A qualification or accreditation, or ambition to work towards one would be highly beneficial. Fundamentally this role requires an individual with excellent attention to detail and appreciation of the importance of accuracy, you should be comfortable in using Microsoft Office Suite functions; with demonstrable experience of this within an administrative capacity.
There is opportunity for the right person to grow within this role; which would suit a driven individual with a real desire to ensure the success of themselves, the team and the business.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.