What do we do
At Amey Strategic Consulting our purpose is simple: apply digital intelligence to help infrastructure clients make better decisions, enhance value and manage risk. We are market-leading, Asset Management specialists, data-driven, and powered by an amazing collaborative team.
We help organisations make evidence based decisions about the management of their assets. This often requires a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. Although you may have strengths in areas of data science, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills. This includes embedding ourselves with the client to achieve their outcomes and maintain a strong relationship even after we leave. In addition to the transformational work that we do, we are big on making our diverse workplace a conducive environment for ideas to thrive.
We are recruiting for Principal Analytics and Data Consultants who will utilise their deep technical knowledge to develop and lead our team’s advanced analytics, data management and data capture skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading technical aspects of significant and complex projects in a chosen technical area, and developing novel solutions or approaches that address current or future client needs
- Providing a clear direction and vision for the technical delivery of projects and communicating it effectively to clients and to project teams
- Representing our company and building relationships with senior stakeholders both nationally and internationally
- Showcasing our scalable and customisable technology solutions to the market and looking to expand their capabilities to new industries and clients
- Utilising a wider business understanding to drive appropriate and intelligent decision making
What you’ll bring:
- Proven advanced skills and an extensive track record in quantitative analytics and/or data science (ideally applied to physical infrastructure)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of analytical approaches for asset management (e.g. infrastructure monitoring, inspection and maintenance; understanding and predicting asset behaviour and; whole life costing of an asset).
- Expert knowledge of R or Python, and relational databases for data
- A deep understanding of a range of techniques for statistical analysis, machine learning, and/or data engineering.
- Significant experience of collaborative working using version control
- Ability and interest in coaching teams to develop their skills, follow best practices and maintain quality standards in high pressure environments
- Ability to interpret and explain complex analysis in clear terms for a non-expert audience, for both project delivery and business development.
- You have a Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- You’re an expert in big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
- In-depth knowledge of cloud services e.g. AWS, Azure, and web application development
Salary: We provide competitive salary packages structured around our internal talent framework. The latter is reviewed twice a year, offering the opportunity for fast-track salary progression and promotion(s).
To learn more about what we can do together, please visit our website www.amey.co.uk/strategic-consulting