What do we do
At Amey Strategic Consulting our purpose is simple: apply digital intelligence to help infrastructure client make better decisions, enhance value and manage risk. We are market-leading, Asset Management specialists, data-driven, and powered by an amazing collaborative team.
We help organisations make evidence-based decisions about the management of their assets. This often requires a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. Although you may have strengths in areas of data science, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills. This includes embedding ourselves with the client to achieve their outcomes and maintain a strong relationship even after we leave. In addition to the transformational work that we do, we are big on making our diverse workplace a conducive environment for ideas to thrive.
We are recruiting for Senior Analytics and Data Consultants who will utilise their technical knowledge and experience to support our team’s advanced analytics, data management and data capture skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with clients to understand the challenges they face, shape these into well-defined requirements and provide analytical solutions
- Developing approaches and analyses that can be transferred across different sectors, helping clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision-making
- Exploring new data sets to investigate how they can be used to realise value for clients
- Developing unique solutions to new and unsolved problems in infrastructure by delivering themselves and/or managing small technical teams
- Creating and developing relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
- Opportunity to help with business development to gain new work and expand commissions
What you'll bring:
- Proven ability to contribute to fast-paced technical projects and quickly understand what needs to be done, even if it’s out of your area of expertise
- Exposure to managing technical work and directing teams in data & analytics projects
- Technical ability in at least one of statistics, machine learning, or data engineering, and drive to learn new skills and technology
- Ability to interpret and explain complex analysis in simple terms to stakeholders and team members (expert and non-expert alike)
- Self-sufficient in your use of data analysis in R or Python, and experience in using relational databases
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems, and experience using these tools in collaborative software projects
- Good code hygiene, including code refactoring and testing
- You have a Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- You’re comfortable with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
- You’ve obtained a good knowledge of cloud services e.g. AWS, Azure
You have experience developing web applications for analytics solution
Salary: We provide competitive salary packages structured around our internal talent framework. The latter is reviewed twice a year, offering the opportunity for fast-track salary progression and promotion(s).
To learn more about what we can do together, please visit our website www.amey.co.uk/strategic-consulting