What do we do
As part of Amey Strategic Consulting you’ll be part of a diverse and highly skilled team where you’ll have the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects in a wide range of sectors. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team. We are constantly engaging with new technology, developing skills within the team and building our own tools and adds value to our clients by providing information services and platforms that effectively capture, present and utilise asset data to achieve organisational objectives. We place a high importance on the culture, health and wellbeing of the team. As a member of the team, we will value your independent and critical minded thinking and support you to feel comfortable presenting ideas to all colleagues.
As a software engineer, you'll be developing products to improve clients operational work. Though team members often have strengths in certain areas, we don’t silo our consultants and instead actively encourage them to cultivate a wide range of skills both in technical and non-technical . For example, we will support candidates to start managing and leading small technical teams within their own or other larger projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with clients to understand the challenges they face and shape these into well-defined product requirements
- Mange end-to-end development of software including: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and ongoing support
- Develop unique solutions to new and unsolved problems in infrastructure
- Develop products that can be reused in a range of sectors, helping clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision making
- Create and develop relationships with high-profile clients up to director level to gain new work and expand commissions.
What you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in a key enterprise-level development language (e.g., C#, Python, C++, Java)
- A deep understanding of and associated code design principles
- Experience in engineering software products to meet client requirements
- Ability to work in an Agile development team
- Experience using Git and GitHub (or other version control systems)
- A drive to learn new skills
- BSc or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- Use of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of testing and continuous integration
- Working with frameworks for web development (e.g. Flask, ASP.NET MVC etc.) A proven track record in turning analysis into insight, which will add value to a client proposition
- Previous experience in the Highways, Rail or infrastructure sector is not essential
Salary: We provide competitive salary packages structured around our internal talent framework. The latter is reviewed twice a year, offering the opportunity for fast-track salary progression and promotion(s)
To learn more about what we can do together, please visit our website www.amey.co.uk/strategic-consulting