With a team of 19,000 working and a £2B+ annual turnover across four continents – Amey is a leading supplier of consulting and infrastructure support services both in the UK and internationally.
We’ve been in business for nearly 100 years and we are proud of our long history and the difference we make; serving the communities we work in, whatever the weather and whatever the challenge.
We create safer, smarter, and sustainable places to live, work and travel. By designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure we make a difference to the services that matter – the ones you rely on at home and on the move.
As part of our on-going commitment to a data and technology enabled future, We have a brand new position for a “full-stack” BI Developer to join our growing Group IT function within Amey. You will be responsible for producing high quality solutions to all aspects of our company, while also delivering analysis, development and improvement of our BI solutions.
This is an exceptional opportunity to take a technical leadership role for BI and reporting which will add real value, support more robust decision making and progress your career/skills within a large and growing organisation.
Key areas of responsibility
- Evaluation of Business Requirements for data solutions, extracts and reports.
- Data Modelling to support reporting and analysis.
- Defining and developing SQL queries to provide data extracts.
- Developing and supporting data extracts, reports and dashboards.
- Work with other Analytics teams across the business to share knowledge
What are we looking for?
- Proven development experience of operational reporting and MI/BI solutions using Microsoft Power BI (and SQL data stores)
- Design and development experience of data stores to support reporting & analysisusing Azure SQL Server Database, Data Warehouse and Data Lake solutions.
- Proven experience and understanding of ETL and data integration from multiple sources (internal and external) to fulfil reporting needs
- Ability to provide in-depth technical support and during programme / project solution analysis and design, build, QA, test & Early Life Support to ensure successful delivery
- Proven experience of working in a collaborative/matrix reporting environment with multiple stakeholders and internal dependencies
- Understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and tooling
- Ideally you will have proven design experience of operational reporting and MI/BI solutions using SAP BW + SAP BO/B
- Hands-on experience of SAP Data Services and or Data Governor and/or other Integration or ETL tools is desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of other reporting suites ( Qlikview or Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with real-time advanced visualisations is also desirable
- Able to define and carryout “build DBA” tasks to maintain and continuously improve the dataplatforms landscape.