Our 3,000 strong team are ambitious, together we work hard to succeed both as individuals and as a business. We’ll do everything we can to help you achieve your goals - whatever these may be - at every stage of your career. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It’s what we are proud of, it’s what sets us apart, it’s part of our heritage and our future.
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts.
What is the purpose of this role?
As a Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting you can work on exciting industry leading projects working for DfI Roads and Rivers and Liverpool City Council to name a few. You will provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Civil Engineer within a design team to ensure compliance with relevant technical standards and Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements on time, within budget and to the quality required.
What will this role involve?
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant
- Undertake any work of technical nature that falls within he ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Carry out site visits and surveys and inspections as appropriate
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in accordance with technical standards and Amey procedures
- Comply with Integrated Management System including Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and all appropriate regulations, in particular CDM
- Prepare and check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other Accounts / Contracts when required
What are we looking for?
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or Training Agreement signed off
- Degree qualified
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Significant post-graduate experience
- Ability to mentor and/or coach up and coming engineers
What makes this role unique?
Our Civil Engineer roles are based at our Belfast Office. The office is progressive and looking to grow, we have a wealth of experience and knowledge which will be actively shared with our Civil Engineers. The Account specialises in Highways, Rivers, Geotechnical and Structural design.