Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To drive, operate, load, responsible for safety of employees and members of the public, plant and equipment, disposal and collection of commercial, garden and recycling waste. To assist in the manual collection and emptying of waste containers in any team on the Waste and Recycling contract.
Hours of Work:40 hrs
What will this role involve?
· To drive and be responsible for the safe operation of a wide range of refuses collection vehicles. To work as a loader as and when required to which you will need to be available to collect bins, bags and other certified items from residents. This work involves outdoor working in all types of weather.
· To undertake daily vehicle (Check Safe) checks to ensure that the vehicle and equipment is roadworthy and in good working order and adhere to vehicle weight restrictions in accordance with the Council’s Operators Licence.
· To undertake maintenance and cleansing of the vehicle/equipment, internally and externally in accordance with the manufacturers operating manual and the Council’s Operators Licence, reporting defects as soon as they become apparent.
· To transport refuse containers (dustbins, sacks, paladins, wheelie bins etc) and/or excess refuse from storage location to refuse collection vehicles.
· Ensure that schedules of programmed and variation works are undertaken in accordance with required standards.
What are we looking for?
Required for the Role:
LGV Class 2 Driving licence
Previous experience of driving refuse collection vehicles
Previous experience of loading wheeled bins
Previous experience of manual labour
What makes this role unique?
You will maintain the best operational relationship between the public, other customers and client representatives, by dealing courteously with complaints and enquiries.