What will this role involve?
Amey are working on various projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, Crossrail, the national level crossing framework and multiple immunisation projects. We are predominantly involved in Network Rail GRIP stages 5 to 8 design and build projects however we also have a number of early GRIP schemes. Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Track Engineer within our Track Team located in:
The successful candidate will undertake production of Track design as part of a dedicated Track design engineering team. In addition, they will assist the Track design team with the preparation and amendment of Track design deliverables.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant experience within the engineering industry
- Good communications and team working skills
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng
- Experienced using Microstation in 2D and 3D
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to Civil/Structural design
- Carry out design and assessment work for civil and structural elements of projects with minimal supervision
- Have knowledge of interfaces between civil engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It’s what we are proud of, it’s what sets us apart, it’s part of our heritage and our future.
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts. Our team of 3,000 experts are hands on: dedicated to solving client-centered problems by avoiding cookie-cutter solutions. We leverage client insight; real-time data science; asset analytics; smart planning and design; as well as network and asset management capabilities to transform how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out.
We challenge the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’. We think about how consumer behaviours – and expectations – are changing and leverage human data as much as big data. We are infrastructure technologists AND futurologists: long-term vision powering lifetime value. We have intelligent heads but our boots are firmly on the ground: challenging, anticipating, solving, inventing. Inspiring with science, not blinding by it. Passionate about seeing our cutting-edge contributions played out in the real world