Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage and develop the design teams within the relevant business area, supporting contracts and projects across Amey, and to achieve targets and project objectives in respect of growth and staff utilisation.
What will this role involve?
- Responsible for Programme and Budget Preparation and thereafter, accountable for Design Delivery of schemes to programme and monthly budget
- Ensure all studies, investigation, design, procurement, audits and work contract supervision are carried out in accordance with relevant requirements
- Prioritise and control all design activities across the relevant business area
- Ensure compliance with statutory, contractual, legal and special requirements
- Responsible for Design Procurement and Design Check Certification
- Provide professional and technical advice throughout the areas in which operating
- Promote professional development for the business area
- Ensure all necessary bids, orders and programmes are submitted
- Set and maintain high standards and ensure Clients are satisfied with performance.
- Develop, maintain and own client relationships in order to promote long-term partnerships
- Embrace and control compliance with Company procedures, policies and delivery plans, as well as the Consulting Compliance and Improvement Plan
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are given the highest priority
- Develop and drive forward innovation and new business initiatives
- Ensure necessary scheme consultation, liaison, co-ordination and interface with stakeholders are carried out
- Be an ambassador of the Amey Values
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Inter-Urban, Local Government, Built Environment and Consulting to develop and deliver the business plans Be an active member of the design team Report on day-to-day issues in the relevant business area
- Develop, maintain and own client relationships in order to promote long-term relationships
- Day to day activities will be generally office based in either one of the Amey Consulting offices or other business division’s offices / depots From time to time site visits to construction sites will be required at part of site supervision support and leadership depending on the projects the team is involved in
What are we looking for?
IRSE, Experience of delivering Signalling projects
What makes this role unique?
You will support the Associate Director and other Amey senior managers to promote the wider Amey business and help develop and deliver an increase in Turnover and Margin.