Who we are
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It’s what we are proud of, it’s what sets us apart, it’s part of our heritage and our future.
We are rapidly expanding with a growing portfolio of clients and as a result we are looking for an experienced and driven electrical engineer to help provide specialist support in delivering projects from £5,000 to £10,000,000, including new build and refurbishments.
We deliver projects to a wide range of customers, including the Ministry of Defence (MOD), Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Local Authorities, National Health Service, Rail, Highways, Transport, Education, Healthcare, Housing, Retail and Utilities sectors.
Our role is to provide mechanical and electrical condition surveys, develop briefs and designs to time and quality, advise on the technical elements of the project and to supervise the construction installation to the point of project completion.
Our recent projects include involvement in the following examples:
- Construction of a new railway station. Contract value £1.5 million
- Overseeing the installation of a new BMS system in a town hall building- contract value £1.5 million
- Refurbishment of MOD accommodation and kitchens. Contract value £2 million
- Fit out of prison workshops, canteen, offices. Contract value £1 million
Who we are looking for
- Electrical Building Services Design Experience
- HNC/HND or related degree in electrical engineering or building services.
- The ability to provide technically sound electrical design solutions including all associated reporting and cost estimating.
- Commercial focus to include knowledge of contract conditions (e.g. NEC / JCT).
- Good understanding of Building Regulations, Planning, Health and Safety and other legislation, including CDM Regulations.
- Ability to obtain required MOD / MOJ Baseline Security Clearances (as a part of your probationary period with Amey)
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proven ability to mentor apprentices and less experienced team members.
- CSCS card or ability to hold relevant professional card.
- Membership (CEng / IEng) of CIBSE, or relevant and equivalent professional body (or approaching professional qualification).
- Experience of using NES / HEVACOMP/ cable and lighting calculations and other relevant design / CA software.