To provide administrative support and technical coordination to the HSEQ team to enable the business to achieve continual improvement in Health & Safety, Environment and Quality management.
Values / Attributes
Are supportive and helpful towards other people, develop and encourage others, devote time to helping people in difficulties, and enjoy giving and meeting the needs of others.
Are analytical problem-solvers, with relevant information at their fingertips, able to see pros and cons, good at working with numbers and handling statistics.
Believe in methodical and procedural approaches, plan and organise tasks, structure own work efficiently, give due attention to accuracy.
Conscientiously follow rules set down for their work, honour any promises, deadline or commitments made, believe in ethics and values.
Always see the positive aspects of a situation, cope well with any problems, avoid blame and self-criticism, resilient and bounce back quickly from setbacks.
- Questioning / listening skills to ensure accurate understanding.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a commitment to learning opportunities.
- The ability to use their initiative and work with minimal direction from line manager.
- Pride in the quality and reliability of their work and outputs.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Has the appetite and ability to work collaboratively.
- Produces consistently high quality communications (such as presentations, reports and emails).
Experience / Knowledge
- Provided HSEQ administrative support.
- Collated management information and developing reporting tools.
- Drafted management system documents, presentation and briefings.
- Managed online HSEQ systems.
- Taken part in a HSEQ assurance regime.
An entry-level qualification (or working towards) in an HSEQ topic .e.g. NEBOSH certificate is desirable
HSEQ Strategy a. In the context of corporate, business unit and account objectives, understand the HSEQ strategy.
Maintaining Professional Standards a. Stay abreast of developments in legislation, regulation and industry best practice through an ongoing process of formal continuing professional development.
Learning and Development a. Fully understand Amey’s safety policies and procedures. b. Fully understand Amey’s management systems, providing guidance on how to navigate them.
Policy and Procedure Guidance a. Support the ‘subject matter expert’ to review Amey management systems, processes and procedures.
Assurance a. Apply safety knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to identify areas of strength and weakness. b. Analyse data and information to identify trends and support the development of improvement plans with the business unit.
Key Measures of Success / KPIs
Timely and accurate preparation of monthly reports.
Manage the Business Unit Audit & Inspection Plan to ensure compliance.
Communicate examples of best practice to the Business Unit.
Work closely with BUICS to ensure the robust management of incidents on Airsweb.