What we do
We maintain vital infrastructure so that utility networks operate smoothly. In a nutshell, this means making sure that you have access to ultrafast broadband, your home, office or business is heated, the power is working and you have a quality supply of water.
Creating better utilities
We help by:
- Having people in the right place at the right time – so you never have to wait too long
- Being flexible – so we can be there for you when you need us
- Being diligent – so we meet regulatory standards
- Being innovative and forward-looking – so we leave a positive impact for future generations
We help to make sure your clean and waste water has a smooth journey to and from your home or business. Doing this safely and effectively - while protecting our environment along the way - is a priority for us.
That means helping with leakage detection, repairing and upgrading water networks; helping to maintain and upgrade sewer networks; and designing, installing and maintaining water treatment works. Our clients include some of the largest utilities providers like United Utilities, Severn Trent Water, Yorkshire Water and Scottish Water.
- 200,000 successful repair and maintenance jobs a year
We minimise interruptions to power supplies by working in close partnership with our clients, including: Western Power Distribution, SP Energy Networks and Northern Power Grid.
We manage substations, install overground power cables, clear the vegetation surrounding power lines; provide emergency fault work; and make sure our energy plans are environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- 20 years’+ experience in the power sector, and full accreditation from the Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme
We help families and businesses manage their energy better by providing them with essential tools and knowledge to help save them money and minimise waste.
This involves installing thousands of smart meters every year; working with major energy suppliers to support their ambitious plans; and having a customer response team on hand to help – whatever the time of day. Our clients include, EDF, SP Energy Networks and Npower.
- 3.2 million smart meters planned for instalment by 2021
The work we do keeps communities better connected.
By excavating and laying fibre cables, we ensure homes and businesses have access to ultrafast broadband.
Together with our clients we’re building intelligent city infrastructure, which helps attract inward investment, growth and innovation.
- Providing people with broadband speeds of up to 1000mbs