What we do
We maintain vital infrastructure so that utilities networks operate smoothly. In a nutshell, this means making sure that your home, office or business is heated, the power is working and you have a quality supply of water.
Creating better utilities
We help by:
- Having people in the right place at the right time – so you never have to wait too long
- Being flexible – so we can be there for you when you need us
- Being diligent – so we meet regulatory standards
- Being innovative and forward-looking – so we leave a positive impact for future generations
We help to make sure your clean and waste water has a smooth journey to and from your home or business. Doing this safely and effectively - while protecting our environment along the way - is one of our top priorities.
That means helping with leakage detection, repairing and upgrading water networks; helping to maintain and upgrade sewer networks; and designing, installing and maintaining water treatment works. Our clients include some of the largest utilities providers like United Utilities, Severn Trent Water, Affinity Water and Welsh Water.
- 300 km pipes installed, upgraded and repaired a year
- 250,000 successful repair and maintenance jobs a year
We do our best to minimise interruptions to power supplies by working in close partnership with our clients. These include Western Power Distribution, SP Energy Networks and Northern Ireland Electricity.
We do things like managing substations; installing overground power cables; clearing the vegetation surrounding power lines; providing emergency fault work; and making sure our energy plans are environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- 20 years’+ experience in the power sector, and full accreditation from the Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme
We help families and businesses manage their energy better by providing them with essential tools and knowledge to help save them money and minimise waste.
This involves installing thousands of smart meters every year; working with major energy suppliers to support their ambitious plans; and having a 24/7 Customer Response team on hand to help – whatever the time of day. Clients we work with include British Gas, EDF, Scottish Power, Npower, SSE and E.ON
- 3.2 million smart meters planned for instalment by 2021