Are you under 24 years old and looking for ideas and opportunities to help kickstart your career?
Welcome to the Amey Inspire homepage! Here you will find lots of different tools and resources to help you learn about the various career opportunities available to you. On this page we aim to:
- Provide you with real life examples of Amey employees career paths
- Give you the opportunity to reach out to some of our Amey employees for a 1:1 online career talk
- Provide you with resources and tools to develop your essential skills
- Help you to understand the different opportunities and pathways into Amey
Who are Amey?
You may not have heard of us, but each day, practically everyone in the UK benefits from a service we provide. If you've had a hot shower, taken a train or driven to work or had your rubbish collected it's pretty likely we helped with this.
Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do, from keeping schools secure, safe and clean; managing the UK’s national and regional transport infrastructure, to supporting the repatriation of UK Service families. Our 16,000 employees keep core services running smoothly throughout the country across utilities, transport, engineering, justice, defence, environmental and waste services, and facilities management.
As a leading services provider to the Government we take personal pride in our public services that we deliver
For more information please visit www.amey.co.uk
Resources available for you!
1. Amey 'Chat and Learn'
- Request a 1-2-1 30 minute career talk with an Amey employee
- We will then connect you with an Amey employee for your 1:1 talk through Teams (ask your parents if you don't have it or it can be downloaded on your phone)
- All guidance will be sent to you prior to your Amey 'Chat and Learn'
- This is your opportunity to ask us your questions
- After your 'Chat and Learn' you will be sent a feedback form to help us gather your thoughts so we can make relevant improvements
If you're a teacher and you would like to request a group virtual career talk delivered to a class please complete this online form
2. Watch the Amey 'Meet the Team' videos
- On the right hand side of this page you'll see several videos of some of Amey's apprentices and graduates talking about the pathways they took to start their careers. These videos include the following people:
- Aaron Dunstan – undertakes a wide rage of reactive maintenance tasks on both footways and the live carriageway, e.g. laying kerbs, footway surfacing, minor drainage works, ironwork or street sign replacement
- Georgina Andrew - helps improve the world we live in by planning and designing the construction and maintenance of things like roads and railways
- Nick Clarke - manages the operations (people, vehicles etc) and understands how we can do business better
- Philip Forster - makes sure different systems within the railways work with each other
- Sarah Richardson - helps to ensure the construction projects are completed within its projected budget
- Jessica McHugh - responsible for the management of environmental issues
- Jack Mahoney - completed a degree in engineering and now getting first hand practical experience working on projects and writing reports
- The videos will cover the following areas:
- Their education
- The school subject(s) their job links to and why
- The skills they started to develop in school that they now use in their job
- The coolest thing about their jobs
- What advice they would give their younger self
Are you a teacher?
We have created a lesson plan which corresponds with the Amey 'Meet the Team' videos.
Interested in working at Amey?
There are many different ways you can start your career within Amey, including:
- Apprenticeships - to find out more information about our Apprenticeships and to register your interest, please click here
- Degree Apprenticeships - to find out more information about our Degree Apprenticeships programme and to register your interest, please click here
- Graduate Programme - to find out more information about our Graduate programme and to register your interest, please click here.
As well as great benefits and the support to gain professional qualifications, we’ll give you the opportunity to develop your skills and shape your role at each stage of your career with us.
For more information about the above, please visit our Careers Page.