Work experience is an opportunity for young people to experience the workplace and is for 10 working days or less. These opportunities are unpaid, and the young person should not be rewarded in benefits.
Work experience can be offered to young people aged between 14 - 25 years old.
Work experience provides opportunities for individuals to develop their essential skills and to gain valuable experience in the workplace. It is intended to give young people an understanding of working life and the discipline and skills which should be demonstrated in the workplace. Our objectives:
- Inspire and educate young people, giving them a taste of the careers that are available at Amey
- Provide a positive and engaging work experience placement for young people
- Give young people the opportunity to develop their essential skills
- Provide opportunities to young people who face barriers or are under represented in the workplace
- Promote science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) opportunities
- Help enable a diverse pipeline of future talent to join and grow with Amey
- Use the skills, resources and enthusiasm of Amey employees and our partners to participate in our young people projects
If you're interested in providing a work experience opportunity to a young person, please download the People Manager guidance and use the Student Handbook whilst the young person is on their work experience.
For any Work Experience queries, please contact the Group Social Value team - firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries on Placements, please contact the Group HR team.
Virtual Work Experience
Delivering work experience virtually is a great way to reach more young people with a targeted approach.
We have partnered with Speakers for Schools whose aim is to end educational inequality, by giving all young people access and equal opportunities, to ensure we are helping to level the playing field for young people of all backgrounds.
Speakers for Schools connect you with their network of schools and colleges and provide you with a safeguarded platform (Google Classrooms), to enable you to host a virtual experience.
If you're interested in finding out more information, please contact email@example.com