Lighting the way to a greener futureAmey Ltd United Kingdom 06/07/2023 07:21:57
Amey’s innovative green lighting approach is delivering cost savings to clients nationwide while slashing emissions and waste.
Street lighting is the single biggest use of energy for most local authorities. That’s why Amey’s proven solution is so important. Switching delivers a typical energy of up to 75% compared to the use of high intensity discharge lamps, an impressive saving for local authorities.
Added benefits include flexibility allowing for lighting levels to be adapted to usage along with reduced light pollution and surveillance costs.
Key contracts include:
- Upgrade of 44,000 streetlights for Wakefield Council reducing energy consumption by at least 65% and emissions by a minimum of 3,700 CO2 tonnes
- Upgrade and maintenance of 50,000 streetlights, 12,000 illuminated signs and bollards for Norfolk County Council plus a 25 year maintenance contract
- 56,000 new LED luminaires for streetlights in Manchester saving £2 million for the City Council and cutting emissions by 70,470 CO2 tonnes
- A three-year, £24.5 million project with Edinburgh City Council to upgrade 54,000 existing streetlights and deliver energy savings of over 60%
- A contract to survey Bradford’s 56,500 streetlights, provide design for 53,700 units and replace 48,300 existing streetlights will reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions by 65% as well as delivering cost savings
- In total we look after 625,000 streetlights across the UK