North-West Multi-Modal Transport HubAmey Ltd United Kingdom 06/07/2023 06:50:16
The North-West Transport Hub, Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland is a recently constructed multi-modal transport hub. The Hub is a £27m gateway project that completed in October 2019 and was developed with the assistance of European funding. The Hub involved the regeneration of a listed, former railway station to provide a fit for purpose, multi-modal hub. The Hub provides a purpose-built railway station and Active Travel Centre and is intended to encourage a modal shift, while improving city centre and cross border (ROI) linkages.
Development partners included Translink, Department for Infrastructure, Derry City and Strabane District Council and Donegal County Council.
- Design/layout advice on the commercial accommodation
- Securing retail, office and café tenants for the commercial accommodation, including Ground Espresso
- Securing a revenue generating, digital media screen for the Hub concourse along with passenger vending
- Arranging commercial, promotional activity for the community event space at Hub opening
- Providing the landlord with lease advice for the Active Travel Centre and forming part of an interview panel that interviewed potential occupiers for the space
- Delivering total revenues of circa £35k per annum
- A purpose-built railway station with community event space
- An active, sustainable travel centre and workshop (soon to be occupied) with secure bike parking
- Improved passenger amenities with modern retail and café space along with vending provision
- Modern office accommodation for Translink and third-party use
- 100 no. space park and ride facility (Phase 2 of the project)
- A newly constructed bus halt (Phase 2 of the project)
- New public realm and riverside greenway linkage