Our Graduate Development Programme
Graduates who join Amey share a number of core qualities: determination, ambition, passion and a desire to learn and develop.
We need people who are capable of running our business in the future. We are looking for graduates who excel in their subject, who will bring talent, drive and fresh thinking to help propel our business forward. And in return, we will provide you with all the support you need to achieve your career goals, because we want you to be successful and grow your career with us.
What’s in the programme?
Our two-year Graduate Development Programme starts you on a journey to develop your career in a challenging, dynamic and supportive work environment. We’ll give you a real role from day one, so you’ll get invaluable experience and exposure working on varied and exciting projects for a large, diverse and ambitious organisation.
We recruit graduates all year round, into careers in:
• Science, Engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, rail and geotechnical) and Technology
• Quantity Surveying / Commercial
• General Management / Operations
• Business (HR, IT, finance, communications, procurement, legal, bidding and health & safety)
Click on the programme overview button to see a summary diagram of the Amey Graduate Development Programme.
Supported to gain a professional qualification
At Amey we’re passionate about passing on knowledge and skills and we’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from industry experts who you’ll work closely with. We’ll also help you work towards a professional qualification that is relevant to your chosen career, for example:
• Engineering - IENG, CEng
• Environmental - CEng, IEMA
• Quantity Surveying / Commercial - RICS
• General Management / Operations - such qualifications may include PRINCE2, BIFM, ILM or CMI
• Business (HR, IT, finance, communications, procurement, legal, bidding and health & safety) - CIPD (HR), CIMA (Finance) or CIM (Comms)
In addition, you’ll take part in a variety of training over the two years, covering personal development, business skills and business improvement techniques. You’ll also have the opportunity to network with both your peers and senior management from across the wider business at the annual graduate conference.