We’re setting up a new team in the North East of Scotland and are looking for people to join us!
We offer great flexibility and benefits, will provide any training you need and can even help you relocate if you fancy a change!
We’ve got roles available in the following disciplines:
- Consulting and Design
- Highways/Construction Managers/Engineers/ Inspectors / Operatives
- Communication /Engagement Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Health and Safety Advisors
- Project /Programme Managers
- Customer Service /Administrators
Amey’s Transport Infrastructure accounts in Scotland are growing and we need to expand our current workforce to meet the challenges of today, and tomorrow. By joining Amey, you can play a vital role in maintaining much of the critical infrastructure that connects people, businesses and communities across our country, ensuring the continued safety and reliability of several of Scotland’s key road networks.
Join the Amey team
Amey turned 100 years old in 2021 and is one of the top five support service suppliers in the UK. Nearly everyone in the UK benefits from an Amey service every day, working with over 125 clients at over 300 locations. The cornerstone of our company is our 16,000 strong workforce, and you have an opportunity to join the team as part of Amey’s Transport Infrastructure division in Scotland. Amey is a Real Living Wage employer.
A role for you
Amey’s Transport Infrastructure contracts in Scotland deliver vital services on behalf of leading organisations such as Transport Scotland, North Lanarkshire Council and the Scottish Roads Partnership. Our major contracts in Scotland include:
- Network Management Contract North East (NMC East): from August 16th 2022, for our client, Transport Scotland, we will deliver improved levels of service to the trunk road network, aiming to ensure consistent, predictable and reliable journeys for road users. Works will cover maintenance, road safety, bridges and structures and discrete improvement schemes whilst taking into account the Scottish Government’s climate change and sustainability targets. We’ll also deliver the implementation of an enhanced winter and incident response service, improved communications as well as delivering new technologies for better management of trunk network assets and maintenance activities.
- Network Management Contract South West (NMC SW): for our client, Transport Scotland, we maintain around 400 miles of road and over 1,600 structures stretching from Glasgow to Dumfries, as far north as Inverclyde and through Ayr and Stranraer. We also provide winter services including salting and snow clearing during the colder months. The contract also covers gully cleaning and the repair of motorway lighting and traffic signals.
- Traffic Scotland Infrastructure Contract: for our client, Transport Scotland, we provide trunk road infrastructure services across Scotland, including almost 800 emergency roadside telephones, lighting systems and around 500 overhead lane control gantries.
- M8 Design Build Finance Operate (M8DBFO): for our client, Scottish Roads Partnership (SRP), we undertake the delivery of major road maintenance of the M8, M73 and M74; as well as inspections to ensure the routes remain safe and well maintained.
- APS: in partnership with North Lanarkshire Council, we provide road maintenance, street lighting and winter maintenance services across North Lanarkshire, which includes Airdrie, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld, Bellshill, Motherwell and Wishaw
Among the types of employment we offer are roles for: engineers, electricians, drivers, stores personnel, highway operatives, CCTV operators, control room staff, arboriculturists, horticulturists, ground staff, ecologists, environmentalists, landscape architects, marketing and digital communications professionals, business support and administration staff, finance and commercial services
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Please contact our recruitment team at Gemma.Denson@amey.co.uk to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Our TRISS team
The Trunk Road Incident Support Service (TRISS) on Scotland’s busiest major roads and motorways, was pioneered by Amey, first launching in 2005.
TRISS can be thought of as a form of critical support to road users and the other emergency services, by responding to road traffic incidents, providing on site and up to the minute information on traffic, coming to the assistance of stranded motorists and helping to reduce the disruption caused by incidents on the network by providing a range of assistance, from traffic management to temporary road repairs. Our TRISS team are highly skilled and dedicated road operatives who frequently draw the praise of road users and our other stakeholders.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK TO THE LEFT TO CHECK OUR LATEST VACANCIES
Make a difference
The Amey Transport Infrastructure team in Scotland delivers many of the highest profile infrastructure projects in the country, including over 400 miles of major roads and 1,600 structures across central and south west Scotland.
This includes maintaining the trunk road network in south-west Scotland, stretching from Inverclyde to Gretna, and key sections of the M8 and M74.
Our clients rely on us to provide inspections, investigations, surveys and data analysis to inform current and future infrastructure policy. We ensure Scotland’s roads continue to operate safely and efficiently by undertaking essential maintenance and during winter, tackling severe weather events involving snow, ice, flooding and high winds using cutting-edge technology and vehicles. Many of our contracts require a 24/7 response to incidents and are backed by dedicated control room staff and a range of support functions including administration, finance, procurement, health and safety and human resources teams.
If you join our team, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role your most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working closely with clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
You’ll have the chance to meet like-minded people, empowering you to grow your own network and learn from others. And we’ll give you all this with the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
- Flexible working – where work-life balance is not just talked about, but achieved
- Bespoke progression framework established for every role within Amey
- Amey staff receive two paid days per year to contribute to local community projects
- We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask the right questions to smarter solutions because we learn from each other’s perspectives.
We’re proud of what we do, because at Amey we all have the freedom to perform.