We are currently looking an experienced Highways maintenance Operative at Blairlinn Industrial Estate Depot (Cumbernauld, G67 2TF) to undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities; minor civil works and winter maintenance.
You’ll be working as part of a 2-3 man mobile team to support the delivery of Highway Maintenance works.
What will this role involve?
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, litter picking
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
- Highway maintenance/construction background
- Kerbing, Laying Asphalt, concrete work, paving and slabbing
- HGV licence
- Winter Maintenance Experience and/or City and Guilds qualification
- Appropriate qualification to industry – CSCS, Lantra, CITB
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Small tools and plant usage experience
- Experience in Traffic Management
- Drivers CPC
- NRSWA Streetworks Operative qualification
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.