Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Responsibility for developing and agreeing and implementing estimating strategy. To enhance and protect Amey’s commercial interests. To own and lead on estimating policy and provide estimating guidance. To promote and develop collaboration and effective working relationships with other parts of the Business.
• To work closely with the Business Unit leadership teams to develop, implement, monitor, and review estimating deliverables to meet the market strategy including, inter alia, the organisational structure for commercial.
• To create and develop effective customer relationships with the procurement leadership in the sector specific client organisations.
• To influence and lead the estimating staff to meet deliverables in terms of bid strike rate, positive cash flow and industry leading margin recovery to support the achievement of the financial KPI’s.
• To coach and develop the senior estimating staff to enable them to grow and develop their futures and the succession of others to replace them.
• To support the recruitment and retention of all estimating staff including agreement on the terms and conditions, job descriptions and development of the same with HR.
• To develop and enhance commercial liaison and influence with trade organisations, government departments and key estimating/procurement groups.
• To work with the stakeholders and develop pricing and commercial frameworks for bids to ensure value optimisation and meeting the client deliverables.
• To implement the Commercial opportunity and risk strategy in bids, including the supply chain arrangements.
• To develop and implement estimating training.
• Degree qualified in relevant engineering technical or commercial discipline is desirable but not essential as experience will be taken into account
• Professional body membership desirable but not essential and support to achieved can be provided
• Holder of valid UK driving licence
• Legal understanding relevant to contracts
• Clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality.
• Strong commercial acumen and winning mentality
• Excellent Health & Safety awareness
• Outstanding communication skills, with good stakeholder management
• Experience of leading key strategic bids
• Personal determination and enthusiasm to drive dynamic change.
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to build an effective team.
• Environmental awareness for managers
• IOSH managing safely
• Environmental awareness tool box talk.
What makes this role unique?
You will own and lead on estimating policy and provide estimating guidance across the Division. You will also promote and develop collaboration and effective working relationships with other divisions and the Central Bidding Unit.