Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To work as directed by the Commercial Manager to deliver all the Commercial functions and advise operational staff on any commercial implications to ensure cost efficiency and value to the client.
What will this role involve?
- Analysis of the Works (providing feedback on works, analysis of costs/value etc)
- Using SAP and bespoke Metering systems
- Valuing works completed and reporting to contract management.
- Production / submission (and agreement with the client) of weekly/ monthly payment applications.
- Recording Meter Operative completions
- Ensure that meter worker payments are calculated in accordance with procedure.
- Maintain minimum working capital
- Maintain and keep up to date Contract files
- Accurately record job completions from system reports.
- Inputting & collating weekly cost information for profit and loss reports / Month-end reconciliation’s
- Valuation of the works
- Production of wage information & DLO payments
- Preparation of supply chain and subcontractor payments
- Preparation and submission of client applications for payment
- Invoicing and monitoring payment receipts
- One-off exercises / analysis as required
What are we looking for?
Minimum experience / Qualifications required:
- Educated to a good level
- Good communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in construction related disciplines or suitable experience.
- Enthusiastic, confident and comfortable at communicating at all levels.
- Computer literate (proficient use of Microsoft Excel)
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic approach to team environment
- Numerical accuracy is essential
- Ability to work within tight timescales
- Self-motivated, requires minimal supervision.
- Full UK driving licence
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in the measurement and valuation of the works to deliver contractual entitlement and to support the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture. You will ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures on Contracts between £1-5m p.a.