Apprentices at Amey
Fulfil your potential
The Amey Apprenticeship programme offers high quality training and development to people with the potential to become our managers and technical specialists of the future.
We are proud to work with our apprentices through a choice of three apprenticeship programmes. These develop the specific knowledge and skills that we need, while ensuring you have a choice of career entry routes to help you achieve your own ambitions.
We offer our apprentices an excellent range of exciting and challenging opportunities where you will:
- Enrol on an Intermediate, Advanced or Higher level Apprenticeship
- Take part in an Apprenticeship Framework made up of a relevant qualification, such as a National Vocational Qualification, Higher National Certificate, Foundation Degree
- Develop your practical skills through classroom and on-the-job learning, incorporating job related technical skills
- Take part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award
- Become part of a community of apprentices, sharing experiences and building professional relationships.
These activities, together with the specific skills you will develop ‘on-the-job’ and your continuing education, provide a ‘toolkit’ of experiences that help you develop a broader business understanding and improve your people skills. This all adds up to a career enhancing step forward.
What is an Apprenticeship?
If you are looking for an opportunity to earn while you learn, gain industry wide recognised qualifications as well as obtain unrivalled on- the-job experience then an apprenticeship may be for you.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications and workplace experience where you gain practical skills in the career you want to pursue. In this rapidly changing world competition for jobs is fiercer than ever so there has never been a better time to consider an apprenticeship to gain qualifications and an edge in the job market.
When you join Amey you become part of a company that empowers its people and enables them to excel. We value all our employees for the contributions they make and encourage innovation, accountability and success.
Where you could work
Amey provides services in over 300 locations across the UK. When you apply you will be able to see what roles are available by geographic location. Throughout your career at Amey, if you are prepared to be flexible with your location you will maximise your experiences and career progression.
The National Apprenticeship Service states that there are three key benefits for an apprentice:
“A real job, a real qualification, a real future.”
The main career benefits of joining our programme are:
- Earn while you work and learn
- Be part of our wider Apprenticeship community
- Take part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Business Gold Award (please see our DofE page)
- Enjoy a range of additional benefits.
How to apply
Please follow the following link to live vacancies and search for Apprenticeships