As a Graduate Environmentalist at Amey, we’ll give you the chance to get involved in a wide range of environmental and sustainability consultancy work in a real role from day one. Our programme will give you valuable experience whilst developing your knowledge and skills.
Our Environment and Sustainability team provides strategic environmental consultancy services across transport, utilities, defence and local government infrastructure. The team carries out ecology surveys, landscape design, arboriculture surveys, noise assessments, health impact assessments and other environmental consultancy projects.
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative thinkers to help us deliver, with excellence, multidisciplinary projects for our customers. At the end of the programme, you could progress into an Assistant Environmentalist role, with the goal of working towards fully qualified Principal Environmentalist status.
We will provide you with the right environment to grow professionally and personally in order to achieve your career ambitions and support you to gain a professional qualification through a Professional Institution.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree in the relevant technical discipline
- Previous technical / industry experience
- Good project management and co-ordination skills with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
- MS Office skills
You’ll need to be:
- Passionate about progressing your career and developing within your technical discipline
- Keen to develop your existing skills and acquire new one
- Able to work independently and in a team, with a dedicated approach to meeting deadlines
- Commercially aware
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
How to apply
Applications to our Graduate Development Programme are open all year round and vacancies are advertised here along with a list of our currently available roles. To find more information, select the role you are interested in and you will be given the option to apply. We’ll ask you a series of questions and to upload your most recent CV.
If there are no graduate vacancies in your chosen area, please sign up to our ‘Job Alerts’ so that we can tell you when they come up.